Covid 19 Protocols for travel to the Bahamas
For travel updates visit https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates.
The new protocols will require visitors, and returning citizens and residents to obtain a RT-PCR
(swab) test no more than five (5) days prior to their travel to The Bahamas.
and then again four days (96 hours) after arrival in The Bahamas.
Specifics are as follows:
Prior to Travel:
• COVID-19 RT-PCR Test: All persons traveling to The Bahamas must obtain a negative
COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of
arrival. The name and address of the lab, where the test was performed, must be
clearly displayed on the test result.
• Children under the age of ten (10) and pilots and crew of commercial airlines,
who remain overnight in The Bahamas, are exempt from obtaining the RT-PCR
• Bahamas Health Travel Visa: Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test, all
travelers will then be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at
https://travel.gov.bs/ (click on the International Tab) where the required test must be uploaded.
The cost of the visa will depend on the length of stay.
Day of Arrival: Rapid Test – All persons entering The Bahamas, at an approved Port of
Entry, will receive a Rapid COVID-19 antigen test.
American Airlines has indicated that, beginning in late October, they wish to provide
each passenger traveling to The Bahamas from Miami with a Rapid COVID-19 antigen
test before boarding the plane. These passengers, along with the passengers of any
other airlines wishing to provide a similar service, will not be required to complete the
Rapid Test upon arrival in The Bahamas.
• Day Five (96 hours after arrival): Rapid Test – All persons who entered The Bahamas,
and who are staying longer than four nights and five days, will be required to take a
second Rapid COVID-19 antigen test. To be clear, all visitors departing on Day Five will
not be required to obtain this test.
The cost of the rapid tests on and after arrival will be included in the cost of the visa.
The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 20 minutes or less with results being
Many hotel properties will provide relevant information on testing arrangements, while others
will facilitate the required rapid test for their guests.
The On Island Experience:
All islands in The Bahamas require the wearing of masks and appropriate social distancing in
The Bahamas has remained diligent in its efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19
throughout the islands, and these measures are imperative to ensure that remains the case.
The health and well being of both residents and visitors remain the number one priority of our
public health officials. It is important to note, however, that due to fluidity of the COVID-19
situation, both in The Bahamas and worldwide, protocols are subject to change.
TO OUR USA GUESTS RETURNING HOME
You may be aware of the New Requirement for All Air Passengers Traveling to the USA Starting- January 26, 2021. All air passengers traveling into the United States, including by private flights, air charter, and general aviation aircraft, will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 Antigen Rapid test result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status. All passengers must complete an attestation affirming their compliance with the CDC requirements and provide it to their aircraft operator. The test must be taken within three days before their flight to the USA departs. Before boarding the flight, they must provide proof of the negative result, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline. Fortunately, the existing Bahamas Travel Health Visa website will include the ‘USA Arrivals Test’ for a nominal fee.
There is a rapid antigen testing site in close proximity to the resort in George Town. The clinic, Di-Ara is closed on the weekends
WHAT WILL YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US AT SAINT FRANCIS BE LIKE?
For your protection, and that of fellow guests, and employees, we ask for your cooperation as we have made the following temporary modifications to our customer service protocols:
– You will be required to wear a face mask in all common interior areas and when walking to and from the room, as well as during any interaction with staff.
– We ask you to practice social distancing by staying 6 feet from other people, space permitting.
– For your protection, and those of our team members, no employee will enter your room during your stay, apart from emergency maintenance. This means there will be no housekeeping service, but towels, linen, and bathroom amenities will be delivered upon request, in a con-tactless manner, as well as retrieving any trash. Please feel free to speak to our Front Desk regarding any special requests.
– Our restaurant, when open, will serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with tables spaced out according to social distancing requirements, and bar service will only be for outdoor consumption and service.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our team is committed to providing every guest with the peace of mind to relax and enjoy their time with us.
– All team members are screened for COVID symptoms before their shifts and are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
– Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all team members, based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence to local regulations and guidance. This includes masks, gloves, and goggles.
– Our team is trained on how to respond swiftly in handling guests or associates exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Social and physical distancing is one of the most effective tools used to control and reduce the spread of Coronavirus, and we appreciate your cooperation for the safety of other guests and our staff.
– Seating in all public areas is positioned at least 6 feet apart.
Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at all guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as dining areas
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our cleaning protocols include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
– High touch areas, such as but not limited to doors, door handles, handrails, furniture in public spaces, signature pads, and credit card readers are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
– Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on the property.
– Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency with locks, toilet seats, sinks, faucets, and doors being disinfected during each service.
– Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure, including the use of hospital-grade disinfectants.
High touch areas, such as, but not limited to door handles, light switches, thermostats, lamps, power outlets, remote controls, and sinks and faucets, are cleaned and sanitized in an enhanced manner.
For our guests’ safety we have removed numerous touch points in our guest rooms such as hairdryers, coffee makers, cups and ice buckets. Please ask the Front Desk if you require any of these items.
We have put in place measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guests are responsible for abiding by any rules or guidelines we have put in place for their protection. Guests understand that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where other people are present.
SAINT FRANCIS RESORT FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPERATIONS: Closed until further notice except to our Resort residents on all inclusive packages
To Our Valued Customers: We have been closely following the developments of the corona virus (COVID-19) and monitoring information and guidance from relevant authorities. We recognize our unique place within the Exuma Cays. Although we love nothing more than bringing people together, especially during times when we need each other the most, we feel we have a responsibility to do everything we can to mitigate the spread of this virus.
Masks, Temperature Checks & Social Distancing
To protect yourself and our Bahamas, all guests are kindly asked to wear a face mask and follow social distancing measures when out and about on Saint Francis Resort property. Masks are required when walking around the property and upon entering and exiting the check-in area, restaurant, and bar. Temperature checks will be performed at check-in, as well as prior to entering the restaurant and bar area.
For everyone’s health and safety, SFR will no longer offer snorkel gear rental. You are more than welcome to bring your own gear.
That said, and in keeping with recent Government directives regarding social gatherings and social distancing, we have made the difficult decision to close our public spaces, including our bar and restaurant effective Saturday, March 21st at 8:00 A.M. This access will be strictly enforced and subject to the Emergency Powers Order issued Thursday by the Prime Minister.
We sincerely apologize to our regular local customers and other island visitors. But we feel confident that taking these necessary steps will give Saint Francis a better chance to avoid the worst of this virus. We look forward to opening our doors again in the near future and serving patrons.
TRAVEL PLAN CHANGES:
To ease any concerns you may have about upcoming travel, Saint Francis Resort will be waiving our normal cancellation fees for guests through November 30, 2021. Should you wish to cancel, please email [email protected]
Thank you for your understanding.