Covid 19 Protocols for travel to the Bahamas have changed!! December 6, 2021 https://travel.gov.bs/
*Please note: testing requirements have changed for vaccinated travelers
New testing requirements for international and domestic travel
The Office of the Prime Minister wishes to advise that, effective Monday December 6 2021, those persons applying for a travel health visa to enter The Bahamas or travel within The Bahamas will be subjected to the following new testing requirements:
Entering The Bahamas
All fully vaccinated travelers wishing to enter The Bahamas will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas.
There are no changes to the testing requirements for unvaccinated persons wishing to enter The Bahamas. All persons, who are 12 years and older and who are unvaccinated, will still be required to obtain a PCR test taken within five days of arrival in The Bahamas.
Children and Infants
All children, between the ages of 2 and 11, wishing to enter The Bahamas will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas.
All children, under the age of 2, are exempt from any testing requirements.
2 August 2021
Office of the Prime Minister
Commonwealth of The Bahamas
Guest COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test
The government of The Bahamas requires a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test after five days in country. This test is included in the cost of your Travel Visa. If a test is taken before the 5th day the cost is the responsibility of the traveler at a rate of $40.
The USA government requires a negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test within 24 hours of your return to the US. This includes travelers staying in The Bahamas for less than five days regardless of vaccination status.
Di-Ara Clinic in Georgetown Exuma is a registered facility and can complete the COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am - 4pm and on Saturdays (by appointment only) between the hours of 10am - Noon.
Transport can be arranged with your Resort GM Jason at the time of arrival.
WHAT WILL YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US AT SAINT FRANCIS BE LIKE?
For your protection, and that of fellow guests, and employees, we ask for your cooperation as we have made the following temporary modifications to our customer service protocols:
– We ask you to practice social distancing by staying 6 feet from other people, space permitting.
– For your protection, and those of our team members, no employee will enter your room during your stay, apart from emergency maintenance. This means there will be no housekeeping service, but towels, linen, and bathroom amenities will be delivered upon request, in a con-tactless manner, as well as retrieving any trash. Please feel free to speak to our Front Desk regarding any special requests.
– Our restaurant, when open, will serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with tables spaced out according to social distancing requirements, and bar service will only be for outdoor consumption and service.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our team is committed to providing every guest with the peace of mind to relax and enjoy their time with us.
– All team members are screened for COVID symptoms before their shifts and are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
– Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all team members, based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence to local regulations and guidance. This includes masks, gloves, and goggles.
– Our team is trained on how to respond swiftly in handling guests or associates exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Social and physical distancing is one of the most effective tools used to control and reduce the spread of Coronavirus, and we appreciate your cooperation for the safety of other guests and our staff.
– Seating in all public areas is positioned at least 6 feet apart.
Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at all guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as dining areas
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our cleaning protocols include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
– High touch areas, such as but not limited to doors, door handles, handrails, furniture in public spaces, signature pads, and credit card readers are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
– Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on the property.
– Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency with locks, toilet seats, sinks, faucets, and doors being disinfected during each service.
– Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure, including the use of hospital-grade disinfectants.
High touch areas, such as, but not limited to door handles, light switches, thermostats, lamps, power outlets, remote controls, and sinks and faucets, are cleaned and sanitized in an enhanced manner.
For our guests’ safety we have removed numerous touch points in our guest rooms such as hairdryers, coffee makers, cups and ice buckets. Please ask the Front Desk if you require any of these items.
We have put in place measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guests are responsible for abiding by any rules or guidelines we have put in place for their protection. Guests understand that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where other people are present.
For everyone’s health and safety, SFR will no longer offer snorkel gear rental. You are more than welcome to bring your own gear.
That said, and in keeping with recent Government directives regarding social gatherings and social distancing, we have made the difficult decision to close our public spaces, including our bar and restaurant effective Saturday, March 21st at 8:00 A.M. This access will be strictly enforced and subject to the Emergency Powers Order issued Thursday by the Prime Minister.
We sincerely apologize to our regular local customers and other island visitors. But we feel confident that taking these necessary steps will give Saint Francis a better chance to avoid the worst of this virus. We look forward to opening our doors again in the near future and serving patrons.
TRAVEL PLAN CHANGES:
To ease any concerns you may have about upcoming travel, Saint Francis Resort will be waiving our normal cancellation fees for guests through November 30, 2021. Should you wish to cancel, please email [email protected]
Thank you for your understanding.